National Minority Donor Awareness Month
National Minority Donor Awareness Month is a collaborative initiative of Association for Multicultural Affairs in Transplantation (AMAT), Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO), Donate Life America (DLA), Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), National Minority Organ Tissue Transplant Education Program (MOTTEP) and National Kidney Foundation (NKF) to save and improve the quality of life of diverse communities by creating a positive culture for organ, eye, and tissue donation. National Minority Donor Awareness Month stems from National Minority Donor Awareness Week, founded in 1996 by the National MOTTEP to bring heightened awareness to donation and transplantation in multicultural communities – focusing primarily on African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian Pacific Islander and American Indian/Alaskan Native communities. Outreach activities during this month include events to provide donation education, encourage donor registration and promote healthy living and disease prevention to decrease the need for transplantation.
- Donation and Transplantation Talking Points, Statistics & FAQs for sharing with your community.
- Implementation Ideas (coming soon) for observing National Minority Donor Awareness Month with us.
- Infographic Handouts (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
- 8 X 10 Print Ads (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
- Coloring Sheets (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
- Facebook Cover – English, Spanish
- Facebook Post – English, Spanish
- Instagram Post – English, Spanish
- Instagram Story – English, Spanish
- Twitter Cover – English, Spanish
- Twitter Post – English, Spanish
- Facebook Frame & Camera Effects – Beginning in August, find these additional NMDAM Facebook assets directly on the Donate Life Facebook page. You can also find them within the “Add Frame” option when you update your profile picture. To update your profile picture, go to “Update your Profile Pic” and tap “Add Frame”. Search for “National Minority Donor Awareness Month”.
Commemorative items featuring the National Minority Donor Awareness Month artwork are available for pre-order until July 15 on the Donate Life Store.
The National Minority Donor Awareness Month artwork and copy is the property of the National Multicultural Action Group. Artwork may not be altered or reproduced. Contact email@example.com with questions or requests for alternate use of the artwork.