National Minority Donor Awareness Month
National Minority Donor Awareness Month is a collaborative initiative of the National Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation Multicultural Action Group to save and improve the quality of life of diverse communities by creating a positive culture for organ, eye and tissue donation. National Minority Donor Awareness Month stems from National Minority Donor Awareness Week, founded in 1996 by the National MOTTEP to bring heightened awareness to donation and transplantation in multicultural communities – focusing primarily on African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian Pacific Islander and American Indian/Alaskan Native communities.
National Minority Donor Awareness Month is focused on outreach and education, including virtual events and messaging to:
- Provide education about organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation
- Encourage donor registration & family conversations about donation
- Promote healthy living and disease prevention to decrease the need for transplantation
The National Multicultural Action Group includes the Association for Multicultural Affairs in Transplantation (AMAT), Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO), Donate Life America (DLA), Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), National Minority Organ Tissue Transplant Education Program (MOTTEP) and National Kidney Foundation (NKF).
- Donation and Transplantation Talking Points, Statistics & FAQs for sharing with your community.
HEALTHY LIVING RECIPE CONTEST
Food has the power to strengthen community, connect people across cultures, evoke memories and promote overall good health. Send in your best, healthy, original recipe with a photo* of you and the finished product to the Donate Life America Facebook photo contest page starting August 1 through August 31 at 11:59pm ET. Suggested categories:
- Appetizers, Snacks & Beverages (Non-Alcoholic)
- Soups & Salads
- Mains & Sides
- Breakfasts & Desserts
The winners will be announced in mid September and each awarded a $100 Amazon Gift Card! Winners will also be sent 12 copies of the 2021 Donate Life “A Year of Healthy Living” Calendar, where the winning recipes will be showcased.
Consistent with this month’s Observance, we are looking for recipes from the African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian/Pacific Islander and American Indian/Alaska Native communities.
- Infographic Handouts (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
- 8 X 10 Print Ads (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
- Coloring Sheets (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
- Facebook Cover – English, Spanish
- Facebook Post – English, Spanish
- Instagram Post – English, Spanish
- Instagram Story – English, Spanish
- Twitter Cover – English, Spanish
- Twitter Post – English, Spanish
- Facebook Frame & Camera Effects – Beginning in August, find these additional NMDAM Facebook assets directly on the Donate Life Facebook page. You can also find them within the “Add Frame” option when you update your profile picture. To update your profile picture, go to “Update your Profile Pic” and tap “Add Frame”. Search for “National Minority Donor Awareness Month”.
Commemorative items featuring the National Minority Donor Awareness Month artwork are available for pre-order until July 17 on the Donate Life Store.
The National Minority Donor Awareness Month artwork and copy is the property of the National Multicultural Action Group. Artwork may not be altered or reproduced. Contact email@example.com with questions or requests for alternate use of the artwork.