National Donate Life Month
National Donate Life Month (NDLM) was instituted by Donate Life America and its partnering organizations in 2003. Celebrated in April each year, NDLM features an entire month of local, regional and national activities to help encourage Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to celebrate those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
National Donate Life Month 2018
For the 2018 National Donate Life Month artwork, Donate Life America was inspired by the image of a rainbow and Maya Angelou’s quote, “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.”
Often following a storm, the presence of a rainbow provides optimism and motivates us to endure through dark times. Similarly, organ, eye and tissue donation is the bridge of comfort and hope between one family’s mourning and another’s healing — turning tragedy into renewed life. The vibrant Donate Life rainbow in the National Donate Life Month artwork rises from stormy clouds, recognizing that it takes both rain and light to create the gift of a rainbow.
Maya Angelou’s message applies to all of us, no matter our background or experiences. We all know rainbows — people that have helped carry us through life and its challenges. In turn, we may also have the opportunity to be rainbows in other people’s clouds through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation. This April, we encourage you to reflect on the lives of those touched by donation and transplantation, and to share its prismatic effect. By registering to be a donor or considering living donation, you can change one ray of light into a spectrum of healing and compassion.
We wish you a Happy National Donate Life Month. Thank you for your efforts in educating about the cause of donation and the importance of registering your decision to be an organ, eye and tissue donor!
Maya Angelou™ is a trademark licensed by Caged Bird Legacy, LLC.
Implementation Ideas – Read about how you can use the resources below to help promote donation during National Donate Life Month.
National Donate Life Month Blue & Green Day 2018 is Friday, April 13th!
Click HERE for more information.
- Donation and Transplantation Statistics – English, Spanish
- Donation and Transplantation FAQs – English, Spanish
Visit DonationMerchandise.com to purchase your Donate Life apparel and accessories! Featured products with the NDLM rainbow artwork are available to order.
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
- Facebook Cover – English, Spanish
- Facebook Ad – English, Spanish
- Instagram – English, Spanish
- Twitter – English, Spanish
- Facebook Frame & Camera Effects – Find them directly on the Donate Life Facebook page! You can also find them within the “Add Frame” option when you update your profile picture or on Facebook Camera as a camera effect on the Facebook app.
To update your profile picture, go to “Update your Profile Pic” and tap “Add Frame”. Search for Donate Life America.
To access Facebook Camera, tap the camera icon on the top left corner of your Facebook app or swipe right on your Newsfeed. Tap the magic wand to see the camera effects.
- Twibbon – show your support on Facebook and/or Twitter by adding an overlay to your profile pic!
- 8 X 10 Print Ad, English – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- 8 X 10 Print Ad, Spanish – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- Print Your Own Rainbows – formatted to print four rainbows on 8.5 x 11 paper
All artwork is copyrighted by Donate Life America and may not be copied, altered or reproduced. Contact the Donate Life America Office with questions or requests for alternate use of the copyrighted artwork (firstname.lastname@example.org).