National Donate Life Month
National Donate Life Month (NDLM) was established by Donate Life America and its partnering organizations in 2003. Observed in April each year, National Donate Life Month helps to encourage Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to honor those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
UPDATE: DLA National Donate Life Month COVID-19 response:
With the ongoing spread of COVID-19 and the incredible speed at which things are changing around us, Donate Life America is encouraging the public and the donation and transplantation community to cancel all in-person events for National Donate Life Month (April). Our priority is the safety and health of both the public and professional Donate Life communities. In accordance with the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we ask that everyone take this action to help slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Donate Life America will be taking an online approach for April Donate Life Month observances. Please join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and DonateLife.net to help us honor donors, recipients, and their families and caregivers. We will also be recognizing the clinical teams continuing their dedicated work during this time to help honor the gift of donation and save the lives of those waiting for a second chance at life.
This page will be updated with 2021 resources by early January 2021.
National Donate Life Month 2020: Garden of Life
For National Donate Life Month 2020, Donate Life America was inspired by the springtime scene of a garden. A garden and the insects within in it serve as symbols of hope, courage and transformed life — themes repeatedly found within the donation and transplantation journey.
The Donate Life garden depicts an ecosystem of plants, insects, and other components working together to form an interconnected living system. Similarly, we each have the potential to nurture and enrich our communities through organ, eye and tissue donation. This National Donate Life Month, we ask you to be a part of this lifesaving and healing garden by registering as an organ, eye and tissue donor; becoming educated about living donation; and championing the Donate Life cause.
We wish you a Happy National Donate Life Month. Thank you for your efforts in promoting organ, eye and tissue donation and the importance of registering your decision.
Important Organ Donation Awareness Days
National Donate Life Month Blue and Green Day is Friday, April 17, 2020.
National Pediatric Transplant Week is April 19-25, 2020.
- Donation and Transplantation Statistics – English, Spanish
- Donation and Transplantation FAQs – English, Spanish
- Here are some Implementation Ideas for observing National Donate Life Month with us.
- Infographic Handout, English – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- Infographic Handout, Spanish – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- 8 X 10 Print Ad, English – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- 8 X 10 Print Ad, Spanish – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- Blank Note Squares – formatted to print four garden note squares on 8.5 x 11 paper
- Coloring Sheet – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
Commemorative items featuring the National Donate Life Month artwork are now available on the Donate Life Store.
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
- NDLM Facebook Cover – English, Spanish
- NDLM Facebook Post – English, Spanish
- NDLM Instagram – English, Spanish
- NDLM Twitter Cover – English, Spanish
- NDLM Twitter Post – English, Spanish
- NDLM Facebook Frame & Camera Effects – Beginning in March, find these additional NDLM Facebook assets directly on the Donate Life Facebook page. You can also find them within the “Add Frame” option when you update your profile picture. To update your profile picture, go to “Update your Profile Pic” and tap “Add Frame”. Search for “National Donate Life Month”.
All artwork is copyrighted by Donate Life America and may not be copied, altered or reproduced. Contact the Donate Life America Office with questions or requests for alternate use of the copyrighted artwork (firstname.lastname@example.org).