National Donate Life Month
National Donate Life Month (NDLM) was established by Donate Life America and its partnering organizations in 2003. Celebrated in April each year, Donate Life Month features an entire month of local, regional and national activities to help encourage Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to celebrate those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
National Donate Life Month 2020: Garden of Life
For National Donate Life Month 2020, Donate Life America was inspired by the springtime scene of a garden. A garden and the insects within in it serve as symbols of hope, courage and transformed life — themes repeatedly found within the donation and transplantation journey.
The Donate Life garden depicts an ecosystem of plants, insects, and other components working together to form an interconnected living system. Similarly, we each have the potential to nurture and enrich our communities through organ, eye and tissue donation. This National Donate Life Month, we ask you to be a part of this lifesaving and healing garden by registering as an organ, eye and tissue donor; becoming educated about living donation; and championing the Donate Life cause.
We wish you a Happy National Donate Life Month. Thank you for your efforts in promoting organ, eye and tissue donation and the importance of registering your decision.
How to celebrate organ donation this April
Read more about how you can use the resources below to help promote donation during National Donate Life Month.
Important Organ Donation Awareness Days
National Donate Life Month Blue and Green Day is Friday, April 17, 2020!
National Pediatric Transplant Week is April 19-25, 2020.
- Donation and Transplantation Statistics – English, Spanish (coming soon!)
- Donation and Transplantation FAQs – English, Spanish (coming soon!)
- Infographic Handout, English (coming soon!) – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- Infographic Handout, Spanish (coming soon!) – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- 8 X 10 Print Ad, English – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- 8 X 10 Print Ad, Spanish – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
- Blank Note Squares – formatted to print four garden note squares on 8.5 x 11 paper
- Coloring Sheet – formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper
Commemorative items featuring the National Donate Life Month artwork will be available on the Donate Life Store beginning mid-February!
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
- NDLM Facebook Cover – English, Spanish
- NDLM Facebook Post – English, Spanish
- NDLM Instagram – English, Spanish
- NDLM Twitter Cover – English, Spanish
- NDLM Twitter Post – English, Spanish
- NDLM Facebook Frame & Camera Effects – Beginning in March, find these additional NDLM Facebook assets directly on the Donate Life Facebook page! You can also find them within the “Add Frame” option when you update your profile picture or on Facebook Camera as a camera effect.
To update your profile picture, go to “Update your Profile Pic” and tap “Add Frame”. Search for Donate Life America.
To access Facebook Camera, tap the camera icon on the top left corner of your Facebook app or swipe right on your Newsfeed. Tap the magic wand to see the camera effects.
All artwork is copyrighted by Donate Life America and may not be copied, altered or reproduced. Contact the Donate Life America Office with questions or requests for alternate use of the copyrighted artwork (firstname.lastname@example.org).