National Minority Donor Awareness Month
National Minority Donor Awareness Month is a collaborative initiative of the National Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation Multicultural Action Group to save and improve the quality of life of diverse communities by creating a positive culture for organ, eye and tissue donation. National Minority Donor Awareness Month stems from National Minority Donor Awareness Week, founded in 1996 by the National MOTTEP to bring heightened awareness to donation and transplantation in multicultural communities – focusing primarily on African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian Pacific Islander and American Indian/Alaskan Native communities.
National Minority Donor Awareness Month is focused on outreach and education, including virtual events and messaging to:
- Provide education about organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation
- Encourage donor registration & family conversations about donation
- Promote healthy living and disease prevention to decrease the need for transplantation
The National Multicultural Action Group includes the Association for Multicultural Affairs in Transplantation (AMAT), Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO), Donate Life America (DLA), Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), National Minority Organ Tissue Transplant Education Program (MOTTEP) and National Kidney Foundation (NKF).
- Donation and Transplantation Talking Points, Statistics & FAQs for sharing with your community.
2021 HEALTHY LIVING RECIPE CONTEST CALENDAR
2021 “A Year of Healthy Living” Calendar is a collection of multicultural donation and transplantation stories paired with healthy recipes. These winning recipes were a part of the Donate Life Healthy Living Recipe Contest, which was hosted by Donate Life America during Minority Donor Awareness Month 2020.
Calendars are available for purchase on the Donate Life Store.
- Infographic Handouts (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
- 8 X 10 Print Ads (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
- Coloring Sheets (formatted for 8.5 x 11 paper) – English, Spanish
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
- Facebook Cover – English, Spanish
- Facebook Post – English, Spanish
- Instagram Post – English, Spanish
- Instagram Story – English, Spanish
- Twitter Cover – English, Spanish
- Twitter Post – English, Spanish
- Facebook Frame & Camera Effects – Beginning in August, find these additional NMDAM Facebook assets directly on the Donate Life Facebook page. You can also find them within the “Add Frame” option when you update your profile picture. To update your profile picture, go to “Update your Profile Pic” and tap “Add Frame”. Search for “National Minority Donor Awareness Month”.
The National Minority Donor Awareness Month artwork and copy is the property of the National Multicultural Action Group. Artwork may not be altered or reproduced. Contact email@example.com with questions or requests for alternate use of the artwork.