Donate Life ECHO
- Observance: July 9-22, 2017
- Video Contest Opens: July 11, 2017
Donate Life ECHO is a national two-week outreach campaign, held each year during the second and third full weeks in July and focused on the importance of donation and transplantation in multicultural communities. ECHO stands for Every Community Has Opportunity – the opportunity to save and heal lives.
Donate Life ECHO was created in 2015 as a collaborative partnership between the Association for Multicultural Affairs in Transplantation (AMAT) and Donate Life America.
There are numerous ways to show your support of this observance. Review the resources below and decide the best way you can get involved.
- Implementation Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions, Talking Points and Statistics
- Waiting List by Ethnicity Graph
- Stories of Hope
- Press Release – English, Spanish
- ECHO Flyer – English, Spanish (formatted for 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper)
Print these business card sized hand-outs on your home computer. They print 10 per page on 8.5” x 11” paper. Throughout the two week observance, hand cards to people throughout the day (grocery store clerk, bank teller, mail delivery person, school front office, etc) and ask them to keep the Donate Life ECHO going by registering and passing the card along.
- Front with male – with gridlines, without gridlines
- Front with female – with gridlines, without gridlines
- Back of Card – with gridlines, without gridlines
2017 Theme: #HearMyStoryOf
…Hope, waiting, LIFE or inspiration. What’s your story about? This year’s Donate Life ECHO video contest theme is #HearMyStoryOf. Storytelling spans time and cultures as a way to communicate, entertain and instill values. It is through stories that messages about donation can be heard deeper and resonate louder, especially within multicultural communities. In one minute or less, use your creativity to share your donation or transplantation story, spread the ECHO message and tell others to register to be organ, eye and tissue donors.
- 1st place: Makisha
- 2nd Place: Center for Organ Recovery & Education
- 3rd Place (a three-way tie!): Terry & Norrine, Michelle, St. Francis Hospital & Medical Center
- Early Bird Winner #1: Lakesha
- Early Bird Winner #2: Jessica
SOCIAL MEDIA GRAPHICS & PHRASES
- Facebook Profile Image – English, Spanish
- Facebook Cover & Post Images – English, Spanish
- Instagram Image – English, Spanish
- Twitter Image – English, Spanish
- ECHO Social Media Sample Phrases – with translations for Spanish, Korean, Tagalog, Chinese
Print and use one of our existing speech bubbles in pictures of yourself, friends and family! You can also create your own message with the bubble template provided.
- Speech Bubbles – English – 23 printable options
- Speech Bubbles – Spanish – 20 printable options
- Speech Bubbles – Template
- Speech Bubbles – JPEG and PNG
Need a prop for your photo? Order an ECHO megaphone now!
All artwork is copyrighted by Donate Life America and may not be copied, altered or reproduced. Contact theDonate Life America Office with questions or requests for alternate use of the copyrighted artwork (Valerie Gray, vgray [at] donatelife [dot] net).
If you are a professional from the donation and transplantation community, login to our members website for additional ECHO resources.
Be socially responsible
95% of Americans are in favor of being a donor but only 54% are registered.
Help bridge the gap by sharing.