Donate Life America is pleased to release our 2015 Annual Update, entitled What can WE make possible? The report celebrates our shared accomplishments and challenges us to do even more. Some highlights from the past year include:
- Over 50 percent (124,602,453) of U.S. adults are registered donors, demonstrating that the majority of Americans accept donation as a fundamental human responsibility.
- 46 percent of recovered organ donors, 50 percent of recovered tissue donors and 53 percent of recovered eye donors were authorized through state donor registries, emphasizing the importance of our ongoing work to register donors.
- Fall 2015 launch of the new Donate Life Registry to enable easy response to national campaigns and partnerships on mobile devices and through online transactions.
- Successful collaborations ranging from ALEX AND ANI® to Sigma Pi and continued support from corporate partners including AATB, Genentech and Novartis.
- 172,000 Donate Life America Facebook fans and an average reach of 220,000 impressions per week with a lifesaving message about donation.
- Launch of Donate Life ECHO / Done Vida ECO (Every Community Has Opportunity), a national observance developed in association with AMAT to reach and empower multicultural communities to share the powerful message of donation.
- Premier of The Wish – A Story of Hope, Faith and Generosity, a faith-based film intended for use in schools and houses of worship and perfect for the upcoming National Donor Sabbath.
- Funding support from 250 transplant centers, labs, OPOs and eye banks, as well as thousands of gifts made in memory or honor of those touched by donation and transplantation.
Moving forward, we are eager to launch new campaigns, promote living donation through education and connection, and activate donation supporters to reach out to those around them. Together, we can increase the number of donated organs, eyes and tissue available to save and heal lives, while continuing to develop a culture where donation is embraced as a fundamental human responsibility.
We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing what We can make possible in the coming year.
G. David Fleming
President and CEO