Donate Life America is pleased to release our 2014 Annual Update, Registrations, Recognitions, Relationships. Thanks to generous support from the Donate Life Community, our shared achievements over the past year include.
- 48 percent (117,108,378) of the U.S. population age 18 and over registered as donors; as well as 43 percent of recovered organ donors, 49 percent of recovered tissue donors and 52 percent of recovered eye donors authorized through state donor registries.
- Successful collaborations ranging from the Transplant Games of America, Walgreens and Alex and Ani’s Charity by Design to corporate partnerships with Genentech and AATB.
- 145,000 Donate Life America Facebook fans and an average reach of 160,000 impressions per week with a lifesaving message about donation.
- Launch of a 10-part Donate Life America Community webinar series covering topics from inspiring multicultural communities to capitalizing on effective social media strategies.
- Funding support from more than 250 transplant centers, labs, OPOs and eye banks, as well as thousands of gifts made in memory or honor of those touched by donation and transplantation.
- Pinnacle Awards presented to Donate Life State Teams and individual organizations in recognition of best practices that increase donor designation or advance a culture of trusted donation expectation.
Efforts to register new donors and recognize them for their lifesaving and healing decision will continue as we seek to develop relationships with these potential new donation advocates to help build a culture of trusted donation expectation. Now, together with the Donation and Transplantation Community of Practice, we take on the challenge of increasing the number of lives saved and healed through transplantation.
From new national campaigns to involvement in living donation education and advocacy to a new centralized registry, there is much to look forward to in the coming year. Please take a few moments to celebrate our joint success and consider the possibilities and power of our partnership going forward. We thank you for your support and look forward to furthering this lifesaving work together.
G. David Fleming
President and CEO
Click here to access the 2014 Annual Update.